Monthly and Annual Competition Rules
- All entries, both Prints, and DPIs, must be submitted via the PhotoEntry website; fully paid-up members
will be provided with login details.
- No image may be entered in a competition if it has been used in a previous Stalybridge
Photographic Club competition.
- The number of entries a photographer may enter into each competition and the method of submission
is agreed upon from time to time by the Committee and published on the Club’s website.
- The photographer submitting the images must have taken them and have the full copyright of all
elements of the image at their disposal. Manipulated images are welcome, provided the
photographer has done all the manipulation, and he/she took the original exposure/s. Images
constructed from so-called royalty-free and copyright-free images to which nobody owns the
copyright are not acceptable.
a. all techniques in the making of an image must be carried out by the stated author.
b. a mentor can give guidance, but all actions must have been carried out by the author.
- Prints can be commercially produced and must be mounted on a card exactly 500mm x 400mm,
backed, and be no thicker than 4mm.
a. the backing board must be exactly the same size as the front board.
b. no tape of any description is to be used on the back of the mount.
c. nothing which identifies the author must appear on the front or back of the print.
d. a digital file (1600 pixels x 1200 pixels) of each print must be submitted via the
PhotoEntry website. The actual print to be presented on the night of the competition.
- Digital Projected Images (DPIs) should be 1600 pixels wide and 1200 pixels high, formatted in jpeg and
sRGB colour space, and have a title. Unused areas of an image should be filled with black or dark grey if
an image is less than 1600 pixels wide x 1200 pixels high. The file must be submitted via the PhotoEntry
- It will be assumed that any images, PDI or print, entered into monthly or annual competitions may be
selected to represent the club in external competitions and publication on the Club’s website unless a
member specifically requests otherwise.
- The competitions are only open to fully-paid members of the Stalybridge Photographic Club. 9.
Submission of an entry will signify acceptance of these rules.
The number of entries may vary from time to time. Notice will be given when this occurs but you will always know the limit when you log in to PhotoEntry